Hazel II - Glossy Gold Aviator
As a homage to the aviator, Thomas designed Hazel. Bauch and Lomb developed the iconic shape at the beginning of aviation for the benefit of pilots. You have to love the irony of this association. Aviation has brought us the possibility to be cosmopolitan. Yet its shape has stayed so similar.
The lenses have a squarish shape. We made the temples made out of a strong sheet of stainless steel.
Some bullet points on Hazel:
- It has a double nose bridge for extra stability.
- Sheet metal temples for strength while still feeling light.
- Our stainless steel has the toughest plating available. You don't have to worry about the coating getting damaged by summers of sunscreen, sweat and seawater.
- Nosepads are clamped, not screwed, so they don't rattle. Also, this way, they look and feel so much better.
- We make our hinges a mold. We don't weld them on. In this way, they are much more durable.
Bio-based nylon called Trogamid is the base material for our lenses. Carl Zeiss developed them. Our lenses offer UV400 protection, along with unparalleled clarity. You can take them for a swim as they can stand sea water. They don't stain and are very difficult to scratch.
Furthermore, they are recyclable, durable, safe, and lightweight.
Polarized lenses block horizontal light. Horizontal light is the annoying glare caused by reflected sunlight. Just think of the reflected sunlight that shines on glass, asphalt, water, and snow. Sunglasses with polarized lenses eliminate this glare, ensure that you see colors as they are.
You'll also see sharper and depth better.
After a long day of protecting you from the sun and making you look like the coolest kid on the block. You want to put your Mercury sunglasses to bed in a safe, cuddly pouch. Felt is the material of choice here, a fantastic material.
• Felt is water repellent and super strong. Still, it feels so cuddly and soft.
• It feels nice and soft. You don't have to worry about your new sunnies getting scratched up in your bag or the glove compartment.
• When you're wearing your glasses, the pouch is entirely flat. So, girls, you don't log around a massive empty case in your bag. Guys stick it in their coat pocket or even in the back of their jeans.
Acetate is a biopolymer derived from tree pulp and natural cotton fibers. So it's made from a renewable source and is hypoallergenic!
It's stunning material, with a deep gloss and high transparency. The higher the quality acetate, the better the brilliance and clarity. Wearers frequently describe the material to have a natural feel.
We use a unique clamping technique to affix our nose pads. We don't use screws. In this way, they do not rattle when you're holding your frame in your hand. It's those little details we care about most.
We only use stainless steel, which we coat with a technique called ion-plating. This coating is rockhard.We test our coating in a unique oven in an acid solution for 72 hours. Isn't that a remarkable story to tell your mother-in-law?
This way, we know our frames can stand years of wearing, sweating, sun lotion, etc. In other words, you don't have to buy a new pair every summer.